Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend Hilights

This weekend was wonderful! Last week was just killer, I really needed a break. I’m so glad that that course is over! I did learn a whole lot, but I have had next to no time to enjoy being in London or meet new people. I really hope that this next course will allow some time for me to actually see a bit more than the inside of my dorm room.
So on Friday as soon as I got out of my final exam I met up with my family and spent the whole weekend with them. We had a lot of fun and I got to see the lovely English beaches twice in one weekend.
Beaches here are not much like I am used to back home. They are very pretty but painful! There is not much nice smooth sand, instead one finds very sharp rocks. I think I learned my lesson about going to the beach barefoot! The coolest part (and most painful thing to steep on) was all the oysters! They were all over the beach just waiting to be eaten :).
Who would have thought that coming to England would allow me to be in not one, but two carnival parades. On Saturday I filled in as a footman on the float from my aunt’s town in a carnival for another town. I was all dressed up and got to wear a very fun hat. My aunt was very right when she said that I am defiantly not getting the usual tourist experience! It was a lot of fun to spend the day getting to know some really great people!
Friday afternoon I went with my family to Burrow Market. That place was so incredible! There was so much food and tons of samples. There was a lot of really good cheese and meats and fresh produce. We wandered around for a while eating! I bought some fabulous chili chocolates! I think I am going to have to go back and take some pictures and eat some more great food!

No comments: