Sunday, July 6, 2008

luggage and heading into London!

So today is the big day, I'm going to be checking into my dorm at school. My family is going to drive me into town, which saves me tons of struggling on the tubes and trains. I'm kind of nervous and scared about it. I guess I don't feel anything out of the ordinary... just: what if I have trouble meeting people, what if my classes are too hard etc. I guess the two things that really make me feel better are realizing that everyone else there will be in the same boat as me, and knowing my family is nearby just in case I need them.
After I check into my dorm this afternoon I go to an one hour orientation on campus (the dorm is not "on" campus but a 10 min. walk away from it) where i get my student id card and my class schedule. I guess there will be more to say about it after I get checked and settled in....

Now, onto tales of the missing luggage: day 6

There have been some interesting recent developments... as it turns out, Delta at some point felt it necessary to send my bags to...... COSTA RICA!!! So i suppose my luggage got to go on a tropical vacation! Looking back I can see how the mistake could be made... the airport code for London Heathrow is LHR and the airport code for Costa Rica is LIR...
The luggage should be delivered today some time... I hope...
I was told last night that it was on a flight from Costa Rica back to Huston where it should be turned around for the overnight into London... I guess I'll just wait until the plane lands to call and find out if it actually made the flight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen! I'm sorry to hear about your luggage situation! :( But I'm glad to hear you're doing good. I'm sure you'll fit right in at school!! I hope you have a fabulous time this summer, learn lots!!

Sarah (from adv cal)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there & let us know how the luggage adventure ultimately comes out! Cant wait to hear about your classes! Love, Mom